Monday, October 17, 2011

Guilty Crown - Episode 01 "Is that all?"

This reminds me of some Hatsune Miku music videos scattered over Youtube and NicoNicoDouga.
I watch Guilty Crown episode 1 last night and it was really a disappointing episode compared to Code Geass (since lots of anime otaku denizens talks about this show to be kind of like CG(Why Code Geass? Inori = CC met Shu = Lelouch gave him power or sorta and story the begins)) It felt like it was rush and cliched. All I can see is explosions, explosions and more explosions! (and cleavage too, I must say).

Needless to say, the good points of this show are its God-tier animation and great music. Everything is seem cool and neatly done when it comes to animation. Great camera angle, good transitions everything is great. I found my self awing by the amount of spectacular mech-battling-it-out scenes. Like the explosions, really, I mean at least they are not pink like Gundam's explosions which looks so gay to me. 
Story is about ... eh? what is it again? /google. -After a few minutes of searching- There was no concrete plot of this story! Anyway, judging by the episode, since this is a original story anime, no manga adaptation or the likes, main male lead Shu will obviously turn side with the rebels and story begins. I guess? I mean he can't go back again to his old boring student life. He has a girl to protect now just like Lelouch! And to top it all she, Inori, is a diva. Perhaps Inori will come along to Shu's at school (based from what I saw on some pictures in the internet. Inori was wearing school uniform and she was inside of a classroom with Shu. Yeah that just like CG).

There're tons of plot holes that need to be blot-out.
Who is she? Probably some old childhood friend of Shu who has fond of playing rubber bands, I suppose.
Who is she? Probably Shu's friend that I mentioned above and was a victim of Last Christmas virus then she was turn into a crystal woman, seriously.

I have this weird intuition that she'll show-up in the show at the later part. She must to!
Who's this mysterious loli bishoujo that pointing her finger down right to my thing!?!!
She needs more screen time!
How does this guilty crown works? Does it have some sort of limit or what? And how can it make a shield when it is actually a sword? Seriously! 

Music surpassed everything that I expected to this show. Opening sequence is very lovely, sounds of explosions again are great. And Taketatsu Ayana is voicing Tsumugi! that's like cheating to me.
As to the characters ... I'm not gonna whine about how bad they were since it's just first episode. There's still more room for improvement. We will see in the preceding episodes. And by the way, I am quite interest with the violet haired loli, Tsumugi. 
Overall impression. I really wanted Guilty Crown to success but it really needs improvement to both characters and plot. I kind of hate that there's crystal-like disease again, it reminds me my hate Sacred Seven. But the art is good so I guess I'll watch this until it finishes. And again for the note, the show is just showcasing Inori to attract more audience, is it not? =) just another random observation in this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment